PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 9, 2009

Some art in my house

Hi! Welcome to my new blog. If you are here from my old typepad blog, please bookmark me or become a follower. If you are new, thanks for stopping by. I promised some new pix around my house. Above is my foyer when you first walk in. It changes with the seasons.

I found this hand-carved wooden bowl for my husband Mike at an art festival. The ceramic bird is from the dollar store, and it got a bath in white spray paint. I found the mossy rocks at TJ Maxx on sale. Would you believe that they are as light as a feather? I love them.

I had this made by Momma's primitives on Etsy. You can find her here. I think the blocks are super sweet, and the prices can't be beat.


Since painting the walls in my house almost white, I've been using lots of reds to accessorize. Red spray paint got these shelves in my kitchen.

These two french loveys were a Christmas present to myself. I've been wanting an original Noodle and Lou for a long time and I finally got one. These guys are teeny-tiny and so cute! I love everything Jenn makes...

Red spray got this little end table that I scored at a garage sale for 50 cents. I got the shabby birdcage at a thrift store last year, and the little bird nest was a Christmas ornament. The eggs say faith, hope, and love.

This is one of my favorite pieces. I'm sorry for the terrible photograph, but it is so charming. It is by an artist named Dierdre Friebely. You can find her work here, at Earth Angels. The word hope is spelled out with scrapbooking letters, to add another punch of red.

This is our piano that was handed down to us by a kind neighbor, for free! I love it. I don't know anything about pianos, but it seems to play beautifully. I've always dreamt of playing the piano and I start my first lesson tomorrow while Logan is at his drum lesson.

Last but not least, I wanted to show you this guy that lives on the piano. I don't know what it is, but there is something about him that I love! I got him at Homegoods. I'd like to find a woman in the same style.
Next post I will show you some of my new art. I have lots of it and I can't wait to you show you what I've been making!

2 comments:

sara said...

I love the red accents. Those shelves are adorable! Congratulations on your move-- your blog looks cute!!

ko said...

yeah! LOVE your new BLOG! :) GREAT JOB! :) Kyley