PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Small treasures

It's nothing earth shattering, but I found lots of little treasures over the weekend. I am on the search for two large (real wood) bookcases, but everything I saw this weekend was particle board.
Anyhoo-I've been on the search for little items to redecorate the guest bathroom when all the demolition is repaired. I love these two mirrors below. They will probably get a coat of spray paint. They were marked 1.99 each at GW but I got them both for 1.99.

I love this basket at a garage sale for 50 cents. Perfect for holding some beautifully wrapped soaps or some handtowels.
Perfect shelf for the bathroom, just the right size. It will definitely need some new paint though. It was a GW find for 3.99.

I found this planter at GW for only 99 cents. Isn't it cute? It looks like a white picket fence to me. I just happened to have a plant that fit in there perfectly.

Books for only 50 cents each at a garage sale. I forgot to take pictures but I also got the boys 3 shirts each, all brand name and in great condition for $1 each. Preparing for some back-to-school clothes. I also found myself a really cute pair of Old Navy wedges for $1, the tags were still on!

Oh yeah...remember this mirror?

I gave it a coat of aqua spray paint and it's hanging in the Master Bedroom. Maybe one day I'll show you the whole room.
I allowed myself $20 to spend and had just enough left over for a caramel frappicino. Yahoo!
Go to Rhoda's to see what everyone else scored.
Happy Monday!:)
xo
Chrissie

18 comments:

Blue Creek Home said...

All of your finds are great. I love the shelf and the turquoise mirror is so cute!
Rhonda

sara said...

Love the aqua mirror!!!!!

Carmen said...

All are fab finds! I try to spend roughly 20 bucks a week too.

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Love the mirror painted that blue - it really brings out the scrolly shapes!

Manuela

Marla said...

love, love the mirror. The color is just fab. Caramel Frapochino yummm. Marla

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice deals.; Gotta love the spray paint.
Glenda

akawest said...

Wow, lots of great finds, and money left over for a caramel frappuccino. Yeah, you!

Rhonda said...

Wow...what fun finds! Love the re-do on the mirror!

Kammy said...

Girl, you know how to shop ! Love the new color on the mirror ! Love that you only spent 20 bucks and enough for a Starbucks - my fav !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Sue said...

The color on that mirror just POPS and looks terrific! Good finds on your stuff this week, especially the shelf and the basket. :-) Sue

the undomesticated wife said...

Great bargains this week! I love the mirrors (new ones and the rehabbed one).

Amy Lynne said...

Great finds! Those little mirrors are perfect for a bathroom. Way to go with the leftover money! Starbucks is always so tempting!

Sharon said...

Great finds Chrissie!! And the aqua mirror is DIVINE!!! Although--I'm betting the O.N. wedges hold a VERY close 2nd! :)

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Love all your wonderful finds. What a find color for the mirror!

Ruth said...

Such great treasures. I love what you did with the mirror.

Ruth

Bonnie said...

Oooh! Love the shelf, (I'm picturing decoupaged paper on the inside back) and the repainted mirror! (I have a thing for scrolly things!). Good finds!

Marie said...

Hello Chrissie - it's nice to meet ya! I love that mirror - you had me at aqua. I bet it looks fabulous in your bedroom! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

★Carol★ said...

Love the mirror painted aqua, and that little picket fence too!