PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Featured Artist: Lori Vliegen

Lori is the Featured Artist this week from Sharing Stitches.
I have to say that Lori is a dream to work with.  Not only is she extremely talented, but her work is meticulous.  Every little stitch is perfectly placed.  Her lines are clean.  She has beautiful writing, and great color choice.  If I owned a licensing company, I would have Lori's stuff strewn all over Hallmark!
Oh, and did I mention how sweet she is?
Here is her artist's interview:
1. Tell us about your art, Lori. What kind of style do you consider it and what are your favorite mediums to work with?

To satisfy the textile side of my work, I’m currently having fun with fabrics, threads, buttons, beads, ribbon, hand-carved stamps, recycled dryer sheets, and anything else I can get my hands on. For my paper side, I love using watercolor pencils and micron pens to create playful, whimsical doodles in my journals.


2. What inspires you?
Just about everything.....especially if chocolate is involved.
3. How do you define "artistic success"?
When someone tells me that something I’ve created has spoken to them, it’s the greatest compliment I could receive!
4. Did you enjoy art as a child? When did you learn how to sew?

I loved arts and crafts when I was a kid! My mother taught me some simple sewing stitches, and I began making clothes for my troll dolls and barbies.....and my first “fabrics” were kleenex! Then I discovered embroidery, crewel and counted cross-stitch, and I’ve been stitching ever since!

5. Is there a part of the day that you enjoy creating the most? Tell us how a typical creative day may go for you.
I love to take advantage of the natural light that streams through my windows in the morning. My favorite days are when life allows me to just sit and be creative during this small pocket of sunshine time!
Thanks Lori!  You are so talented!

blog:
flickr:

14 comments:

sara said...

I absolutely love Lori's stuff. Wow- these pictures are great- I love the first flower and the candle quote is beautiful!

lori vliegen said...

thank you SO much chrissie......you are an absolute sweetheart for featuring us on your blog, and i would never be able to express how much i appreciate your kind words about my artwork! much love, xoxo
:)))

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh wow, I'm so glad you featured Lori. I'[ve loved her blog and art eversince I first found her. She's fantastic!

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing bits of Lori's journey!!

Beedeebabee said...

I just love Lori and all of her artwork! She's one of the most cheerful people I know, and I that shows in everything she does! Great interview! ;) Paulette

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

This is beautiful! I just love lori and her work, and your interview allows her sunshine joy and creativity to show! The photos are so inspiring...

Eden said...

Love this interview with the talented Lori!! Glad she posted some pics I haven't seen before too :D

Debbie said...

Great interview! I've been following Lori for a while now and enjoy her art so much!

Createology said...

I have been following Lori for some time and now I am happy to find your blog to follow. Very well done. Happy creating...

Megan Coyle said...

Her work is lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Lori is as sweet and beautiful as her artwork : ) Glad to find your blog . . . off to explore more.

Lisa Holtzman said...

I am a HUGE fan of Lori and her irresistible art! Thank you for featuring her on your blog. I love the pieces you've shown here.

Butterfly Works said...

I am so glad you featured Lori's work; she is not only very talented but a sweet and very encouraging gal.....

Jane Farr said...

Lori's warmth and wit always carries through to her delightful and inspiring art work. I love it!